A sales process is the recipe for success to get leads and make an income. When was the last time you reviewed your process and evaluated your opportunity to make more money?
The start of a new year is a great time to take stock of how you sell, market yourself, generate your leads, and manage your sales funnel.
Today’s tip is directly from me, your training business podcast host.
I’m going to tell you:
- Why you need a sales process
- How you can review generate more revenue
- Ways to target higher paying clients
If you don’t know much about me, I’m Mark, your training business host. I’m a self-employed trainer and coach. I work with technology and SaaS businesses as a remote/virtual sales trainer and inside sales coach. I’m also a published author and my first book, Sales Coaching Essentials, was published in May 2022.
In this week’s episode you’ll learn:
- Ways to create a clear and manageable sales process
- How to design a great sales process that works for you
- Why you need to keep your sales process simple
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Get some help desigin your sales process because sometimes you’re not the right person for it.Mark Hayes – Why does a freelancer need a sales process
You need a sales process.
“You can think of it like breadcrumbs. Imagine that you have an ideal group of people out there and they may not know that you exist, they may not know that you have a great series of workshops on whatever it is that you sell.
Until you are clear on how to reach them and the series of steps through which to go at them, you could be wasting your time.
Because sometimes you might find yourself doing too much marketing and not enough selling, or a lot of selling but not enough serving.
So your process is how you sell, it’s how you explain what you do from a business perspective.“
Sometimes we over complicate our sales process.Mark Hayes – Why does a freelancer need a sales process
It’s an eye-opener.
“There is no need to do everything on your own, whether it’s paid help and you bring in a consultant, or you are part of a mastermind, or you simply ask someone to look at your sales process.
In my case, it’s just a series of post-it-notes and I can see the steps that I go through.
When you put those things down you might realise that a step is a bit complex or unnecessary.
But having someone else to ask you questions, coach you, or even help you to speak out loud about your process might help you to reflect on it in more detail.“
Take-aways you do not want to miss
- Why it’s important for you to have a sales process
- SOPs and why they’ll be helpful for you
- Your benefits of having a media presence
- Why you need to be transparent
- Ways to find out what methods work for you
- Why you need a collaborator
- Software that might be helpful to you
- Why you need to be open to learning
- How you can keep your sales process simple
Some resources for you
Check out the episode today
Listen Again – Find out where your whitespace business opportunities are.
Like what you hear? Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!