Have you ever been in a situation where you are working with a training client and you ask yourself why it doesn’t feel right?
- Why do I get the feeling that this workshop isn’t what they need?
- Why am I not clear about their goals for this program?
- Why am I chasing them to get the training proposal signed?
A large part of having confidence in your training is the knowledge or belief that you are training the right clients.
You want to believe that you are right for them and they are right for you.
You can solve their problems and you have the right solutions to solve them.
So this week we’re going to help you to better qualify clients so you are working with the right people. Cool?
Qualify clients using ‘MEDIC’
Your best interests lie in serving or selling your training products and services to those who
- Want your help
- Can afford your help
- Are right for your help
When you qualify your training clients using MEDIC, you’re going to be more confident!
M = Metrics – What are the numbers you need to agree on?
E = Evaluation – How will you evaluate the success of the program?
D = Decision – Which criteria will be used to award the contract to you?
I = Issue – What is the business problem that training, coaching, facilitation will solve?
C = Customer – Who ‘owns’ the problem and has the power to say yes to your proposal?
In today’s episode, you’re going to learn how asking ‘MEDIC’ questions is going to help you save time by serving the clients who are ready for your help.
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- What is client qualification?
- Which questions to ask up front
- How you can use MEDIC to qualify training clients
- Why qualification is going to save problems down the line
Check out the episode now!