What customer wants have to do with you w/ Melina Palmer

What customer wants have to do with you w/ Melina Palmer
What customer wants have to do with you w/ Melina Palmer

There is a science to being a great influencer. In this week’s episode, Melina Palmer will share this science with you.

She’ll also help you understand what customer wants you can positively influence to ultimately win more business.

Melina Palmer is a keynote speaker helping brands leverage the power of behavioural economics.

She is CEO of The Brainy Business, which provides behavioural economics training and consulting to businesses of all sizes from around the world.

Her first book, What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You, was a finalist in two categories of the International Book Awards.

Today Melina is going to share her expertise with you so you can understand why people think and act the way they do.

Want to know more about how to influence people and understand what customer wants and needs you really need to cater for? Listen to today’s episode to find out.

You will learn:

  • How you can influence people subconsciously
  • Why it matters how you present information
  • Why being thoughtful with marketing works

Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!

LISTEN TO  THE EPISODE AND SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY

What customer wants have to do with you – copyright Melina Palmer

How you say something matters more than what you say

Melina Palmer – What customer wants have to do with you.

The psychology of what customer wants are

“One of my favourite concepts is one called framing, which is how you say something matters more than what it is that you’re saying.

Think you’re going to the grocery store to buy some ground beef and there are two stacks almost identical.

One is labelled as 90%, fat-free, the other is 10% fat. Which one do you want to buy?

Most everyone says 90% fat-free is the one that they want, even though we logically know they’re the same.

What customer wants have to do with you - copyright Melina Palmer
What customer wants have to do with you – copyright Melina Palmer

You can waste a lot of time and effort creating solutions for problems that don’t really exist.

Melina Palmer – What customer wants have to do with you.

The Elephant analogy.

Even though we all have brains, we don’t intuitively understand them and what they’re doing.

Think about your brain like a person riding an elephant. You have your logical conscious writer who knows where it wants to go but if the elephant is not motivated you’re kind of stuck.

You can’t pull or push or logic it because it doesn’t speak the same language and you have to motivate the elephant.

Our brains are the same, in that the vast majority of what we do is on the subconscious level, it’s that elephant, and when we sit down in our businesses we talk a lot about the things that people should do.

We think our writer is talking to their writer, but really, you need to be focusing on and understanding the elephant.

That’s what the concepts of behavioural economics, do. They show us the rules that the subconscious brain uses to make decisions.”

Take-aways you don’t want to miss

  • Using psychology to get your pricing right
  • How the way you phrase something matters
  • Ways to use how people think to invest in you
  • Insights into how your customer’s mind works
  • How to influence people

Some resources for you

Check out the episode today

LISTEN TO THE EPISODE AND SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY

Listen Again Do you want to stand out from the crowd and be remembered by potential customers? Learn 5 ways to get customers to buy into your training.

Listen AgainThe way you speak affects how much people listen to you. Find out what you can do to make people want to listen to you.

Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!

1 Shares:
You May Also Like